Sunday, October 16, 2011

Thoughts On Master Fantasy Artist Frank Frazetta


 Of all the artists that were born last century, Frank Frazetta (February 9, 1928 - May 10, 2010) was one that inspired me the most. His command of form and color, his excellent composition, as well as being able to instill a life-like tension in each piece are unequaled in my opinion. Capturing a perfect moment with his brush, he leaves the viewer in a state of "What happens next?", or sometimes, "What happened before?"

Almost a year and a half later, it's still hard for me to believe that he's gone. No more new creations to ever come into existence from his hand. That's ok. He left a legacy behind that will continue to be a source of inspiration until the day I die.

Even though I never met Frazetta in real life, he was one of the few who reached deep inside me and gave me the conviction to keep painting. To never stop.
 And of course, to be myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment

All feedback is greatly appreciated! Thanks!