Saturday, October 22, 2011

The Art Of Dr. Seuss!

   As I was combing the internet looking for reference images for an example painting I was about to do, I came across a delightful site containing the art of Dr. Seuss. Imagine my surprise upon seeing fully painted works and sculptures that had been created by Theodor Seuss Geisel (Dr. Seuss' real name). I always thought of him as a children's author, but never a visual artist. I now stand corrected in that mode of thinking, and am happier for it.

  His use of color and composition in his art are just as rich and exciting as his written works and both compliment each other wonderfully. Look at his painting titled, "Tower Of Babel". It really gives joy and lifts the spirit no matter how high or low it happens to be.


   I hope you decide to check out the wonderful site of The Art Of Dr. Seuss and have fun. Maybe even relive a little bit of your childhood in the process, and walk away with a newfound sense of wonder.


I know I did!




Tower Of Babel
36.25 x 24.25

No comments:

Post a Comment

All feedback is greatly appreciated! Thanks!