Friday, October 14, 2011

Remember The Monster Classics?



   Think back and remember that feeling of when you were a little kid and the excitement you got when the classic horror and monster movies came on. Feeling that thrill and sense of wonder waiting for even just a glimpse of the creature. That was a time full of unknown surprises.

   I remember it like it was yesterday. I'd stay up late on Saturday night and watch Son of Svengoolie and Elvira, Mistress of the DarkCreature Features never let me down either. They were a huge part of my childhood and the monster movies that aired on those programs are still part of my life to this day. This is why I've started up a Facebook Group called Classic Movie Monsters. With the proper amount of love, test tubes, goggles and madman passion it can be a short trip in time travel.

   This same passion has leaked into my art recently, more so than ever before. This childhood passion has influenced me to start an entire series of paintings all celebrating the monsters and villains of yesteryear.

I hope you'll come along for the ride. Trust me, you'll be safe.



   Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All feedback is greatly appreciated! Thanks!